Panchang Today, Hindu Calendar
Also, consult a famous astrologer about your love, job, and health concerns
Plan your day according to the Almanac (हिन्दू पंचांग) and reap the advantages of shubh muhurat (शुभ मुहूर्त)
In the Panchang Today, Hindu Calendar: we provide information on Sunrise, sunset, Moonrise, moonset, Vaara, Nakshatra, Tithi, Karana, Yoga,
Auspicious Timing (शुभ मुहूर्त ) – Abhijit Muhurat, Amrit Kaal, Brahma Muhurat, Inauspicious Timing (अशुभ मुहूर्त) – Rahu, Yamaganda, Gulika, Dur Muhurat, Varjyam, Sun and Moon planet positions, Hindu month and Paksha etc.
Also Read: Tamil Panchangam by ePanchang[no_toc]
What are the key elements of Panchangam or Hindu calendar?
Tithi (तिथि), Vaar (वार), Nakshatra (नक्षत्र), Yoga (योग) and Karan (करण) are the main five parts of the daily panchang, हिन्दू पंचांग or Almanac.
A Hindu month is divided into two parts(Paksha), each lasting 15 days (Tithis). The first date is known as Pratipada.
Pratipada that falls on Krishna Paksha is known as Krishna Pratipada, and Shukla Pratipada is known as Shukla Pratipada.
The last day of Krishna Paksha is Amavasya, and the last day of Shukla Paksha is Purnima.
Vaar (Days or वार)
A week is made up of seven days, or Vaar (वार).
Each Vaar is influenced by a planet and is associated with that planet’s attributes.
Although each day is a fresh start and the ideal time to complete whatever activities you desire, each day has its own set of pro’s and cons.
Some days are regarded to be exceptionally auspicious in the Vedic calendar, while others are not.
Ravivar – Sunday
- The Sun is the lord of Sunday, the first day of week.
- It is beneficial for the first time use of new medicines, the purchase of automobiles, real estate, metal objects, legal guidance, and the purchase of pets.
Somavaar – Monday
- Monday, the second day of the week, is governed by the Moon.
- It is beneficial for agricultural equipment purchases, agricultural operations, tourism, the wearing of new clothes or jewels, and the buying and selling of jewelry.
Mangalwar – Tuesday
- Tuesday is the third day of the week and is governed by Mars.
- It is regarded unlucky for detective work, judicial work, military activity, and making crucial decisions.
Budhwar – Wednesday
- Mercury governs Wednesday, the fourth day of the week.
- It is recommended for tasks such as loan applications, education, housewarming, and account opening.
Guruwar is on Thursday
- Thursday, the fifth day of the week, is governed by Jupiter.
- It is recommended for science instruction, judicial work, religious work, jewellery purchasing, and marital work.
Shukrawar – Friday
- Friday, the sixth day of the week, is governed by Venus.
- It is thought to be beneficial for working in the fields of agriculture, film, extracurricular activities, and initiating romance.
Shaniwar – Saturday
- Saturday, the last day of the week, is governed by Saturn.
- Except for housewarming, employment, getting a new automobile, and religious events, it is considered unlucky for most tasks.
Naksha is a map, and Tara is a star, so Nakshatra is a star map.
The Moon’s constellation is known as the 27 Nakshatras because the Moon spends one day in each of the constellations.
According to Indian astrology, there are 360 degrees in the zodiac.
which is divided into 27 Nakshatras (Birth Star) or constellations. As a result, each constellation is 13 degrees and 20 minutes long.
Every Nakshatra is then divided into equal charan or padas, with each Nakshatra having four Padas.
The Vedic horoscope starts at Ashwini with the first Pada of the first nakshatra and ends with the last Pada of the last nakshatra at Revati.
The Pushya nakshatra is regarded to be the most auspicious of these.
|Sr No||Nakshatra||Nakshatra Lord||Lucky Gems for Nakshatra|
Yoga literally means “union.”
Yoga of the Day is defined as a union of the current degrees of the Sun and the current degrees of the Moon in the Zodiac plus 13 degrees, 20 minutes in the daily Panchang.
Because there are 27 ‘Yogas,’ their length is 13 degrees and 20 minutes apiece, just as the Nakshatras.
Yoga Dina is another name for Yoga of the Day.
The energy of the Yoga of the Day helps hold an event together.
Thus activities that begin during positive Yogas will be more supported for us.
While events that begin during negative Yogas will present us with more challenges.
As can be seen, the outcomes of Yogas correspond to the names given to them.
All auspicious activities should avoid Vaidhriti and Vyatipaat Yogas.
For all auspicious activities, the first three Ghatis of Vajra and Vishkumbha, the first half of Parigh, the first five ghatis of Shool, the first nine ghatis of Vyaghat, and the first nine ghatis of Gand and Atigand should be eliminated.
A Ghati is an ancient time unit that is comparable to 24 minutes in contemporary time.
A Karan is basically half of a Tithi.
A Karan is said to be finished when the difference between the Moon’s and Sun’s positions is a multiple of six degrees.
Bava, Baalav, Kaulav, Taitil, Gar, Vanij, Vishti, Shakuni, Chatushpad, Naag, and Kinshtughna are the 11 Karanas in Astrology.
The first seven Karans are referred to as ‘Char,’ which means reoccurring and the last four as ‘Sthir,’ which means fixed.
The first seven Karanas are called as Char because they appear in a precise order.
The Char begins with Pratipada in the second half of Shukla Paksha (Bright Fortnight) and ends with Chaturdashi in the first half of Krishna Paksha (Dark Fortnight).
The last four are referred to as ‘Sthir’ because they always fall within a set time frame.
The Sthir begins with the second half of Krishna Paksha (Dark Fortnight) Chaturdashi and ends with the first half of Shukla Paksha (Bright Fortnight) Pratipada.
What do the various terms in Panchang or पंचांग mean?
Sunrise and Sunset
- According to the Hindu calendar, the true length of a day is measured from one sunrise to the next.
- As a result, in Astrology, the times of sunrise and sunset are extremely important.
- All key decisions are made after taking into account the Sun and Moon’s positions.
Moonrise and Moonset
- The Hindu calendar uses the Moonrise and Moonset periods to determine the most opportune times.
- It is the official civil calendar of India, which was established in 78 AD.
- Amanta Month is a Hindu calendar month in which the Lunar month ends on a New Moon day.
- This Hindu calendar is used in Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, West Bengal, and Tripura, among other states.
- Purnimanta Month is a Hindu calendar that concludes the Lunar month on a Full Moon day.
- This Hindu calendar is used in Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, and Uttar Pradesh.
- The Sun sign determines an individual’s personality based on the zodiac and is defined by the location of the Sun in a Zodiac in a native’s chart at the time of his or her birth.
- The location of the Moon in the Zodiac in a native’s chart at the time of his or her birth determines his or her Moon Sign, which exposes the emotional side of their personality.
- Month is split into two halves. Paksha is the name given to each ‘half.’
- Shukla Paksha and Krishna Paksha are the two types of Pakshas.
The Shukla Paksha is the time when the moon is rising.
- It is the time when the Moon brightens up between the New Moon (Amavasya) and the Full Moon (Purnima).
- Krishna Paksha is the time when the Moon’s shape begins to fade.
- This phase begins with the Full Moon (Purnima) and concludes with the New Moon (Amavasya)
- Each of these periods lasts 15 days.
- Abhijit Nakshatra occurs when Lord Brahma’s transition occurs in the Capricorn or Makar Zodiac.
- This is regarded as one of the most fortunate times for starting new projects and making new purchases.
- This is when Annaprasana Samskara and other Hindu rites are performed.
- This is seen as a particularly fortunate time.
- It is a period (muhurta) that starts one hour and 36 minutes before sunrise and lasts 48 minutes.
- It is the penultimate phase of the night, or muhurta, and is regarded an ideal period for all yoga practices, as well as meditation, devotion, and other religious pursuits.
- Spiritual activities carried out first thing in the morning are thought to have a bigger impact than those carried out later in the day.
- Gulika was Manda’s alias Shani’s son. Gulikai Kalam is the name of the time.
- It is not advisable to begin any work during this time, as it is considered unlucky.
- This is an unlucky time, and any successful and prosperous endeavour will be hampered.
- This happens once a day, just before sunset.
- Before beginning any auspicious endeavour, this time should be avoided.
- The Varjyam or Vishagatika is the period of time that begins on one day and ends on the next.
- This is not regarded as a pleasant time.
- The Rahu period is not believed to be favourable for any type of work.
- Rahu’s influence should be avoided at all costs while starting a new project.
What is the purpose of Panchang?
To determine the child’s birth star
When is the best time to celebrate different festivals?
When is the best day and time to buy new items?
The best day and time to celebrate a wedding and other events
Types of Panchang used in India
- In India, there are primarily two types of panchang:
- Amanta or Amanta lunisolar calendar is a Hindu calendar that concludes lunar month on no moon day.
- Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, and Tripura are among the states that use this calendar.
- Purnimanta or Purnimanta lunisolar calendar is a Hindu calendar that finishes lunar month on full moon day.
- Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, and Uttar Pradesh are among the states that use this calendar.
- These are also called: Kannada Panchanga or ಪಂಚಾಂಗ ಕನ್ನಡ, Telugu Panchangam or తెలుగు పంచాంగం,
- Tamil Panchangam or தமிழ் பஞ்சாங்கம், Malayalam Panchangam or മലയാളം പഞ്ചാംഗം,
- panchangam today, panchangam for today, today in panchangam, panchangam of today, daily panchang, daily panchangam,
- पंचांग, आज का पंचांग, हिन्दू पंचांग, भारतीय पंचांग, पंचांग और शुभ मुहूर्त, Almanac
- Bangla Panjika or (বাংলা পঞ্জিকা), odia panji or ଓଡିଆ ପାନଜୀ, मराठी पंचांग, આજનું પંચાંગા, ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਕੈਲੰਡਰ
- Assamese Panchang or ভাস্কৰাব্দ, Nepali Patro (नेपाली पात्रो)
Names of Famous Panchang in India
- Kalnirnay Panchang
- Kaldarshak Panchang
- Thakur Prasad Panchang
- Kashi Vishwanath Panchang
- Thanjavur Panchangam
- Pambu Panchangam
- Nirnaya Sagar Panchang
- Diwakar Panchang
- Chintaharan Jantri
- Braj Bhoomi Panchang
- Gupta Press Panjika
- Babulal Chaturvedi Panchang
- Lala Ramswaroop Ramnarayan Panchang
- Iskcon Panchang
Services are available in following locations : telangana, andhra pradesh, arunachal pradesh, itanagar, assam, dispur, bihar, patna, chhattisgarh, jaipur, goa, panaji, gujarat,
gandhinagar, haryana, himachal pradesh, shimla, jharkhand, ranchi, karnataka, kerala, thiruvananthapuram, madhya pradesh, bhopal, maharashtra, manipur, imphal, meghalaya, shillong, mizoram, aizawl, nagaland, kohima, odisha, bhubaneshwar, punjab, rajasthan,
jaipur, sikkim, gangtok, tamil nadu, chennai, telangana, hyderabad, tripura, agartala, uttarakhand, dehradun, uttar pradesh, lucknow, west bengal, andaman and nicobar, port blair, chandigarh, dadra and nagar haveli, daman & diu, jammu & kashmir, srinagar,
jammu, ladakh, leh, lakshadweep, kavaratti, puducherry, ahmedabad, mumbai, delhi, bangalore, hyderabad, ahmedabad, chennai, kolkata, surat, pune, jaipur, lucknow, kanpur, nagpur, indore, thane, bhopal, visakhapatnam, pimpri-chinchwad, patna, vadodara,
ghaziabad, ludhiana, agra, nashik, faridabad, meerut, rajkot, kalyan-dombivli, vasai-virar, varanasi, srinagar, aurangabad, dhanbad, amritsar, navi mumbai, allahabad, howrah, ranchi, gwalior, jabalpur, coimbatore, vijayawada,
jodhpur, madurai, raipur, chandigarh, guwahati, solapur, hubli–dharwad, mysore, tiruchirappalli, bareilly, aligarh, tiruppur, gurgaon, moradabad, jalandhar, bhubaneswar, salem, warangal, mira-bhayandar, jalgaon, kota, guntur, bhiwandi, saharanpur, gorakhpur,
bikaner, amravati, noida, jamshedpur, bhilai, cuttack, firozabad, kochi, nellore, bhavnagar, dehradun, durgapur, asansol, rourkela, nanded, kolhapur, ajmer, akola, gulbarga, jamnagar, ujjain, loni, siliguri, jhansi, ulhasnagar, jammu, sangli-miraj & kupwad, mangalore, erode,
belgaum, ambattur, tirunelveli, malegaon, gaya, thiruvananthapuram, udaipur, kakinada, davanagere, kozhikode, maheshtala, rajpur sonarpur, rajahmundry, bokaro, south dumdum, bellary, patiala, gopalpur, agartala, bhagalpur, muzaffarnagar, bhatpara,
panihati, latur, dhule, tirupati, rohtak, sagar, korba, bhilwara, berhampur, muzaffarpur, ahmednagar, mathura, kollam, avadi, kadapa, kamarhati, sambalpur, bilaspur, shahjahanpur, satara, bijapur, kurnool, rampur, shimoga, chandrapur, junagadh, thrissur,
alwar, bardhaman, kulti, nizamabad, parbhani, tumkur, khammam, ozhukarai, bihar sharif, panipat, darbhanga, bally, aizawl, dewas, ichalkaranji, karnal, bathinda, jalna, eluru, barasat, kirari suleman nagar, purnia, satna, mau, sonipat, farrukhabad, durg, imphal,
ratlam, hapur, arrah, anantapur, karimnagar, etawah, ambarnath, north dumdum, bharatpur, begusarai, new delhi, gandhidham, baranagar, tiruvottiyur, pondicherry, sikar, thoothukudi, rewa, mirzapur, raichur, pali, ramagundam, silchar, haridwar, vijayanagaram,
tenali, nagercoil, sri ganganagar, karawal nagar, mango, thanjavur, bulandshahr, uluberia, katni, sambhal, singrauli, nadiad, secunderabad, naihati, yamunanagar, bidhannagar, pallavaram, bidar, munger, panchkula, burhanpur, raurkela industrial township, kharagpur,
dindigul, gandhinagar, hospet, nangloi jat, malda, ongole, deoghar, chapra, haldia, khandwa, nandyal, morena, amroha, anand, bhind, bhalswa jahangir pur, madhyamgram, bhiwani, berhampore, ambala, morbi, fatehpur, raebareli, khora, ghaziabad, chittoor,
bhusawal, orai, bahraich, phusro, vellore, mehsana, raiganj, sirsa, danapur, serampore, sultan pur majra, guna, jaunpur, panvel, shivpuri, surendranagar dudhrej, unnao, chinsurah, alappuzha, kottayam, machilipatnam, shimla, adoni, udupi, katihar, proddatur,
mahbubnagar, saharsa, dibrugarh, jorhat, hazaribagh, hindupur, nagaon, sasaram, hajipur, giridih, bhimavaram, kumbakonam, bongaigaon, dehri, madanapalle, siwan, bettiah, ramgarh, tinsukia, guntakal, srikakulam, motihari, dharmavaram, medininagar,
gudivada, phagwara, hosur, narasaraopet, suryapet, miryalaguda, tadipatri, karaikudi, kishanganj, jamalpur, ballia, kavali, tadepalligudem, amaravati, buxar, tezpur, jehanabad, aurangabad, gangtok, new york, newark, jersey city, ny, nj, pa, chicago, naperville,
elgin, il, in, wi, washington, arlington, alexandria, dc, va, md, wv, los angeles, long beach, anaheim, ca, san francisco, oakland, hayward, ca, san jose, sunnyvale, santa clara, ca, dallas, fort worth, arlington, tx, houston, the woodlands, sugar land, tx, philadelphia
, camden, wilmington, pa, nj, de, md, atlanta, sandy springs, roswell, ga, boston, cambridge, newton, ma, nh, detroit, warren, livonia, mi, seattle, tacoma, bellevue, wa, miami, fort lauderdale, west palm beach, fl, baltimore, columbia, towson, md,
phoenix, mesa, glendale, az, minneapolis, st. paul, bloomington, mn, wi, orlando, kissimmee, sanford, fl, san diego, carlsbad, ca, riverside, san bernardino, ontario, ca, tampa, st. petersburg, clearwater, fl, austin, round rock, tx, raleigh, nc, columbus,
oh, hartford, east hartford, middletown, ct, st. louis, mo, il, fresno, ca, bridgeport, stamford, norwalk, ct, trenton, nj, portland, vancouver, hillsboro, or, wa, cincinnati, oh, ky, in, pittsburgh, pa,
cleveland, elyria, oh, stockton, ca, denver, aurora, lakewood, co, richmond, va, indianapolis, carmel, anderson, in, milwaukee, waukesha, west allis, wi, kansas city, mo, ks, fayetteville, springdale, rogers, ar, mo, usa, london, leicester, birmingham,
sandwell, wolverhampton, england, uk, scotland, edinburgh, dubai, sharjah, abu dhabi, uae, muscat, oman, manama, bahrain, kuwait, kuwait city, riyad, jeddah, dammam, saudi arabia, doha, qatar, singapore, hong kong, tehran, iran, sydney, melbourne,
brisbane, perth, adelaide, gold coast, newcastle, canberra, victoria, nsw, western australia, queensland, south australia, act, northern territory, tasmania, bangkok, pattaya, phuket, thailand, kuala, lumpur, malaysia, taiwan, beijing, shanghai, guangzhou,
shenzhen, china, dhaka, chittagong, gopalganj, bangladesh, sri lanka, colombo, kathmandu, nepal auckland, wellington, christchurch, new zealand, california, new jersey, myanmar, yangon, south korea, seoul, busan, japan, tokyo, vietnam,
cambodia, indonesia, philippines, jakarta, manila, hague, kenya, nairobi, south africa, johannesburg, cape town, durban, dublin, ireland, germany, berlin, munich, hamburg, frankfurt, rome, milan, italy, paris, france, brussels, belgium, moscow,
st. petersburg, astrakhan, russia, denmark, austria, vienna, copenhagen, amsterdam, amstelveen, rotterdam, eindhoven, utrecht, almere, delft, haarlemmermeer, zoetermeer, netherlands, holland, near me, Indian, vedic just dial, justdial.com, sulekha,
sulekha.com, astro talk, astrotalk.com, astroyogi, astroyogi.com, ganesha speaks, ganeshaspeaks.com, astro sage, astrosage.com, kundli.com, horoscope.com, quora, quora.com, starofservice, bro4u, bro4u.com, quikr, mouthshut, pinterest,
astroved, facebook, webindia123, linkedin, dailyhunt, yourstory, wuchana, indusladies, indusladies.com, click.in, grotal, English, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Hindi, Bengali, Bangla, Oriya, Marathi, Gujarati, online, phone, yelp, yelp.com, shubh,
auspicious, date, muhurat, muhurtha, muhurtham, muhurta, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, August, September, October, November, December, online, phone, whatsapp,
2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2031, 2032, 2033, 2034, 2035, 2036, 2037, 2038, 2039, 2040,
Telugu, English, Assamese, Hindi, Konkani, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Meitei, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Bengali, Urdu, Chhattisgarhi, Santali, Mizo, Nepali, Kokborok, khasi, Sanskrit, Angika, Bhojpuri,
Ho, Kharia, Khortha, Kurmali, Kurukh, Magahi, Maithili, Mundari, Nagpuri, Bhutia, Gurung, Lepcha, Manggar, Mukhia, Newari, Rai, Sherpa, Tamang,
Kannada Panchanga or ಪಂಚಾಂಗ ಕನ್ನಡ, Telugu Panchangam or తెలుగు పంచాంగం, Tamil Panchangam or தமிழ் பஞ்சாங்கம், Malayalam Panchangam or മലയാളം പഞ്ചാംഗം,
panchangam today, panchangam for today, today in panchangam, panchangam of today, daily panchang, daily panchangam, पंचांग, आज का पंचांग, हिन्दू पंचांग, भारतीय पंचांग, पंचांग और शुभ मुहूर्त,
Almanac, Bangla Panjika or (বাংলা পঞ্জিকা), odia panji or ଓଡିଆ ପାନଜୀ, मराठी पंचांग, આજનું પંચાંગા, ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਕੈਲੰਡਰ, Assamese Panchang or ভাস্কৰাব্দ, Nepali Patro (नेपाली पात्रो)